Celeriac & poppy seed noodles
Lycopene, for instance, the antioxidant pigment that gives tomatoes their bright red colour, has been linked to a lower risk of cancer and heart disease1, while carotenoids, which give oranges their hue, are rich in vitamin A—important for eye health and the immune system.
- 3 cups (about 1/3 of a root) celeriac, shredded
- ½ orange bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, cold-pressed
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed mandarin orange juice
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Plus a whole mandarin for decoration
- Peel the celeriac root, then shred it, ideally with a food processor.
- Add the other ingredients to the celeriac in a big bowl and mix it all together with your hands.
- Slice and chop the whole mandarin, and use some pieces to decorate the noodles on a large plate.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a suitable container for serving later.
Markéta Bola is a natural nutritionist and raw living-food chef who leads raw-food workshops, classes, dining experiences and Tree of Life Wellbeing & Vitality Festivals in the Midlands.